Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Feed Don't Fail Me Now


Talk about Inauguration Frustration! Anybody else try and watch today's "historic moment" online?

A historic day we were told. A day for the ages! One of those events that will forever beg the question "Where were you when?"

Well, for many of us, the anticipation turned out to be greater than the lived realization. Apparently, too many 'we' were trying to be 'there then' all at once in real time. And, just like on 9/11, the infernal 'Intertube' failed miserably.

Guess this is what happens when too many global citizens care? No access to the moment.

If you were chained to a desk (like me) during the precious moment, you were damned! ISP, IP, live-feed, no feed... arrghh, better we should read?

Damn technology failed us today. Intertube, you boob!

Geebus! Wish I could'a been 'there'!

3 comments:

  1. Hey guys. I left you a message on Curtis's blog, but just in case you missed it, send me a line:

    matt.goerzen@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was watching from work - CPAC - same problem. I didn't catch Bush's exit, but I heard he was actually booed.

    Just amazing. What a historical day. I wasn't all that sure before that Obama was strong enough in character to hold to what he had promised, but I'm impressed so far, and I think he feels the weight of the hope and expectations, so he'll try his best to do right, to bring about positive change.

    ReplyDelete